Sometimes there’s nothing like an inspirational quote to shift your perspective on a problem, or lift you out of a funk.
Motivational quotes can fire you up and get you in the right head space to conquer anything. Or they remind you of your goals, and your reasons for pursuing them.
Bookmark this page, or print these quotes out. Keep your favorites on post-it notes and stick them all around your desk where you will see them regularly.
1 – “A lot of people think that you have to have it all figured out before you really take steps towards the things that you love, but it’s not true. It doesn’t all fall into place and then you take the step of faith. You take the step of faith, and things happen.” James Barkman
2. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
3. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
4. “It’s like driving a car at night. You never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.” – E L Doctorow
5. “We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” – Carlos Castaneda
6. “The most painful thing to experience is not defeat but regret.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “Instead of wondering where your next vacation is, maybe you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
8. “Rather than wishing for change, you first must be prepared to change.” – Catherine Pulsifer.
9. “The chief cause of unhappiness is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.” – Zig Ziglar
10. “When your goals look out of reach, don’t adjust them, adjust your action steps.” – Sonny M.
11. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
13. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” — Anais Nin
14. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
15. “If you don’t make peace with your past it will keep showing up in your present.” – Wayne Dyer
Need some musical motivation? Check out Davy’s Motivational Mixtape post!
16. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
17. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie Ten Boom
18. “When you can’t change the direction of the wind — adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
19. “Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being.” – Kevin Kruse
20. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
21. “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
22. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
23. “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” – Pablo Picasso
24. “We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” – Marie Curie
25. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
26. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
27. “Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots.” – Paulo Coelho
28. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.” – Denis Waitley
29. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
30. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown
31. “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” – Sheryl Sandberg
32. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” – Booker T. Washington
33. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
34. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
35. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
36. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” – George Addair
37. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
38. “Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.” – Jamie Paolinetti
39. “The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
40. “You become what you believe.” – Oprah Winfrey
41. “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” – Unknown
42. “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” – Ann Landers
43. “Dream big and dare to fail.” – Norman Vaughan
44. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
Are you ready to step into the most powerful version of yourself and live a life you truly love? Then join our inner circle and let us help you transform your life!
45. “It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.” – Mae Jemison
46. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try.” – Beverly Sills
47. “Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
48. “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” – Grandma Moses
49. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
50. “It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
51. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, ‘I’m possible!'” – Audrey Hepburn
52. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs
53. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” – Zig Ziglar
54. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
55. “All the adversity I’ve had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me…. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” – Walt Disney
56. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
57. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
58. “The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.” – Anonymous
59. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has been before.” – Albert Einstein
60. “It’s OK to not be OK, as long as you don’t stay that way.” – Anonymous
61. “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
62. “There is no elevator to success – you have to take the stairs.” – Anonymous
63. “Plant your garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.” – Jose Luis Borges
Don’t forget to share these empowering inspirational quotes with your friends and family.
Did I Miss One? What’s Your Favorite?
Did I skip an awesome quote? Post a comment below and share it so that I can add it to the list!
About Davy & Tracy
Hey there! We're Davy & Tracy Russell, the husband-and-wife team behind this website. We help trailblazers break through barriers so they can turn their passion into their life's work through entrepreneurship. How can we help you?