If you have never tried chia seed pudding before, then you are in for a real treat with three delicious recipes that I will share with you today!
First up, we have strawberry-vanilla, then chocolate, and finally, a pumpkin pie chia seed pudding that is perfect for Autumn.
Chia seed pudding has the consistency of tapioca pudding without all the extra sugar.
Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3s and provide 148% RDA of per serving of this recipe. Chia seeds are also a good source of calcium (9% RDA per serving of pudding), phosphorus, manganese and dietary fiber.
Chia seeds themselves aren’t very flavorful so you can make just about any recipe with them.
1) Strawberry-Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (do not pre-soak)
- 8 ounces almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 medium strawberries
- Topping of your choice. I used goji berries and cacao nibs.
1) In a blender, blend the strawberries, almond milk and vanilla together.
2) Pour over the chia seeds and stir.
3) Let sit for about 2 minutes and stir again.
4) Cover the pudding and let it sit for another 20 to 23 minutes.
5) Once the pudding is thick, stir once more and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info (Per Serving): Calories: 140 | Protein: 5g | Carbs: 15g | Fiber: 8.7g | Calcium: 20% | Iron: 3.8mg | Vitamin A: 11% | Vitamin C: 57%
2) Chocolate Chia-Seed Pudding
I’m slightly obsessed with raw chocolate (cacao). It’s the healthy, mineral and antioxidant-rich form of chocolate that is much better for you than the processed, sugar-laden stuff you get in the candy aisle.
I’m also a little obsessed with chia seeds, so a chia seed-cacao superfood pudding was a definite must try.
This recipe was so popular, in fact, that I added it to my RESET 28 Program for Energy & Weight Loss. Participants rave about it.
Serving Size: This recipe makes a single 147-calorie serving.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- The vanilla from 1 vanilla bean (How to use vanilla bean.), (or 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
1) In a blender, blend the banana, almond milk, cacao powder and vanilla together and blend until smooth.
2) Then pour the mixture into a bowl.
3) Add the chia seeds and stir.
4) Let sit for about 2 minutes, and then stir again.
5) Cover the pudding and let it sit for another 45 to 50 minutes (leave it covered on the counter).
Once the pudding is thick, stir once more and serve.
3) Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding
I’m a sucker for pumpkin flavors in the fall! And I love chia seed pudding. So of course I had to – had to! – make this delicious pumpkin pie chia seed pudding!
Confession time: I cheated a little and used organic, unsweetened canned pumpkin pie filling. I know, I know! But you can definitely make this with fresh pumpkin puree. For this recipe, use 1/4 cup cooked and cooled pumpkin per serving with a dash of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and a little ginger.
I blended some cashews and water to make a cream topping for the photo. You can make it or leave it off, but it was really tasty. I have a small blender, but you can use 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 8 hours) with about 4 tablespoons water. Start there and then add more water to achieve the desired texture. You can also add a 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract for flavor.
If you don’t like the chia seed texture of chia pudding, you can grind dry chia seeds in a coffee grinder, then mix with pumpkin puree and almond milk. You can also try this alternative pumpkin pudding with macadamia nut cream topping (no chia seeds).
This recipe makes one serving. Simply double, triple, or quadruple it to make more.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 8 ounces almond milk (or plant based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 pecans, chopped
1) In a small bowl, mix the almond milk, pumpkin together and optional sweetener if you are using it.
2) Add the chia seeds, mix and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
3) Top with pecans and enjoy.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 211 | Protein: 5 grams | Fiber: 9.7 grams | Carbs: 22 grams
If you love chia seeds as much as I do, then be sure to check out my green smoothie recipes with chia seeds!
Davy & Tracy Recommend:
Best Blenders For Any Budget - Find the best blender to support your green smoothie habit!
Annmarie Gianni Skin Care - Beyond organic skin care! Get a sample kit + $10 off coupon!
Boost Your Green Smoothies - Here are some of our favorite smoothie boosters (and why we use them.)
About Davy & Tracy
Hey there! We're Davy & Tracy Russell, the husband-and-wife team behind this website. We help trailblazers break through barriers so they can turn their passion into their life's work through entrepreneurship. How can we help you?