Here are two healthy, delicious snacks from my Reset 28 program for energy and weight loss. These snacks are built into the meal plan.
Reset Snack #1: Apple with Almond Butter, Cinnamon & Goji Berries
- 1 medium apple
- 2 tablespoons all-natural almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon goji berries (or other dried fruit)
1) Slice the apple and arrange the slices on a plate.
2) Spread a little of the almond butter onto each apple slice.
3) Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with goji berries or other dried fruit.
Reset Snack #2: High-Energy Vanilla Almond Granola Bars
This snack is perfect for you if you are very active and need extra calories each day. This is one of the high-energy snacks that I encourage those with higher metabolisms to eat each day during Reset – particularly men and very active women.
Anybody can eat this snack, but just be mindful of how much you eat along with your other meals.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shaved or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries or other dried fruit of your choice
- 1/3 cup honey
1) Heat oven to 350 (Fahrenheit).
2) In a high-speed blender, blend 1/2 of the almonds until there are no more chunks.
3) Chop the other half into fine pieces with a knife.
4) In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the honey.
5) In a medium sauce pan, warm the honey on medium heat until it starts to lightly bubble. Remove from heat and add to the rest of the mixture.
6) Mix until everything is coated with honey. You might need to add a little more honey if your mixture is still dry.
7) Grease a 8×8 baking dish (I used coconut oil). Add the mixture to the pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup or flat spoon to press the mixture flat. (NOTE: you do not need to press very hard.)
8) Bake for 25 to 35 minutes at 350, or until the sides of the granola bars are golden brown.
They will be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven. It is okay, they will harden as they cool.
This recipe makes about 6 bars. One bar is a snack serving.
The June Reset Live Challenge Is Happening Now!
About Davy & Tracy
Hey there! We're Davy & Tracy Russell, the husband-and-wife, green smoothie-loving team behind this website. We have helped thousands of people lose weight and transform their health with our green smoothie and plant-based Reset 28 Cleanse!