I made this smoothie for National Gingerbread Day (yes, it’s an actual day and it was on November 21st). This smoothie was VERY tasty, not to mention healthy! The best part of this recipe, is that it is naturally gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free. Almost everyone can enjoy it.
It’s also a great recipe to make with your kids. With just a few ingredients they can make it themselves.
I used homemade almond milk because it is easy to make and I like having it on hand, but you can purchase almond milk if you’d like. Make sure to purchase an unsweetened, organic brand.
Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled, sliced and thawed slightly
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon fresh, grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Vanilla from 1 vanilla bean (How to use vanilla bean), or use 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free recommended)
Start by adding the liquid to your blender (see my blender recommendations), followed by the soft fruit. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
Calcium: 1% RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance)
Vitamin A: 6% RDA
Vitamin C: 27% RDA
This smoothie is also a rich source of folate, vitamin B2 – B6, copper, magnesium, manganese and potassium.
Serving Size: One.
Browse more green smoothie recipes.